Friday, July 8, 2011

denmarkk.

sebastian, some crazy danish kid i call my best friend.
he left yesterday. he left everything he loved in brasil for the Land of the Danes.
i would say that i was somewhat composed at the airport ..but it was like getting the wind knocked out of me.
this kid has been with me throughout this entire year. same friends, same parties, same struggles, same language. along with mike, billie, and clare, we made vale do aço. the five, then threee, famous exchange students.
i would do anything for this kid.
cause i know he would do the exact same for me.
he found me napkins in jorge and matheus when i desperatly needed to wipe offf my face. i laughed at him when he took the bus for the first time and got lost. we helped each other learn a foreign language. i met his brasilian families, he met mine. he slept on the carride home from the airport while i silently cried because of losing my best friend. we created a language together called batman and spoke it fluently. we made a magical mixture with the frozen. he would tell me when guys were ugly. i learned about a country that, before, i could barely locate on a map. we had a legandary night in the land of seven lakes. when he thought i was sleeeping in sete lagoas, i wasnt &heard everything. i laughed until i cried when he told me about burger king and 9days of suicde thoughts. i ran "freeely" down the streeet, next to the walll. fell in love with the danish language. talked about going home and giving up; talked about staying here forever. met family and friends through photos. he told me when i needed to calm down at eleven and i saw him jump in a dumpster. we gave saúde to joao busco in cel fab. ate pastelys in the shopping ..and burnt his upper lip. on this last night, he fell asleep with caipivodeka in his hand.
now these are just memories.
things that make me smile; things that make me laugh.
one of the days i remember so vividly with him was the night before sete lagoas. i was spending the night at his house so we would travel early the next morning. we watched "remember me" and ate toast. then we sat on his balconey at 3am. 3am in timoteo on a wednesday night is completely silent. it was us and brasil. i dont remember what we talked about but it doesnt really matter. it was perfect conversation. i just wanted to stay in that moment forever. and i want to go back to that moment. i wouldnt change anything, nothing at all, i just want to feeel the way i was feeeeling that night.
he's my best friend.
and i miss him
and i love him
and i'll see him again.
te amo batman, meu melhor amigo. até mais tarde, ta.