Monday, December 13, 2010

activities*

while everyone else fills their afternoons studying for tests, preparing for the Vestibular, I have other activities that i do to fill my time.

Tennis:
as you all know, my first family was really into sports so they gave me the opportunity to take tennis lessons. ive always had this secret desire to learn tennis so i was reallly excited.
i have lessons once or twice a wk and i always look forward to them (which isnt ususally something common for me in the sports department, ive always dreaded going to practice and sweating) I have my own litttle cute skirt and racket which i find adorable.
my professor is the nicest man. he is really curious about me, constantly asking me questions about the US, a land he has never seen, only on TV. his questions always leave me baffled, "whats the biggest difference that you first noticed in brasil?" "do you think that teenagers are different in the US?" and he is reallly amazed at how cold it gets in PA, coming from someone who has never seen snow in his life before except (again) on TV
tennis is something that i want to keep with and maybe challenge haley deli when i get back ;D

Dance:
in my current family, my mom takes dance lessons and also gave me the opportunity to take sumba and forró classes. ive always had this secret desire to be a prima balleria in preschool but obviously that never happened so i was thrilled when i had my first lesson. i take sumba and forró lessons.
sumba is all about your hips and fast feet work
forró ( a dance from the north of brasil that means a dance "for all") is more about your relaxed shoulders and lots of twirling. i like forró most :D
my professor is ver patient with me and my two left feeet but i love it so much. it makes me feeel so brasileria, beauitful and sexy and confident.
hopefully i learn enough to be able to teach everyone back home how to dança

Swimming:
i am really fortunate in this family that i have a pool to visit on a daily bases because, yess i do go to the pool everyday. it is so hottt here that if i didnt have a pool i would probably dig myself my own pool and just sit, trying to escape the heat.
my grandma, who lives just up the road, has a pool. so everyday after lunch, i call her and ask the question, "posso nadar hoje, avó?"
everyone thinks that i am crazy cause i swimm so much. i am growing fins and becoming a mermaid. its okay, i love it.
i swimm, i read, i listen to my music, i just relax and take in the delicious strong sun of brasil.

this post has kinda been boring, sorry but dont worry,
i am leaving wednesday for the beach, Salandor, Bahia, so after 21st of December be ready for lots of more interesting postsss.
p.s i have sweat on my upper lip
everyone back home has turltenecks &longuderwear on
haah