Tuesday, June 28, 2011

highlights of my year;

items that put a smile on my face that happened "só aquil no Brasil:"


*successfully learned the language of português ..and successfully forgetton english.
*had a picnic on top of a waterfall.
* became a local ..not just a tourist.
*been pampered and made into a princess
*had dreams in different languages
*celebrated an American holiday, Thanksgiving, with Brasilians, rice and beans.
*walked (climbed) 17kilometers within 2hours and later saw a sky full of stars.
*became best friends with a Danish boy, two American beauties, and an Austrailian mate.
*held a sleeepy sloth in the Amazon Rainforest.
*learned to become a futebol fan.
*saw the capital of Brasil, Brasília.
*became a human mosquito bite.
*lived off rice and beans.
*learned to sleeep in class ..so deeeply that sometimes i have dreams.
* had a picnic in the midddle of Belo Horizonte with 20 other exchange students.
*slept in a hammock for 5nights in the Amazon, falling asleeep to stars so big and so bright that i almost wanted to turn them offff
*had a "White Sandy Christmas."
*went (and didnt catch) piranha fishing.
*ran around Rio de Janerio, a week before my eighteenth birthday.
*tried every food put into my mouth.
*learned to not underestimate brasilian sun.
*repelled down a waterfall.
*held an alligator that looked mean enough to bite my thumb off.
*saw Rio Amazonas and Rio Silmões meet. (the meeting of the two rivers in the amazon.)
*skipped class with little concern.
*swam in the warmest ocean water in the famous & fabulous Salvador, Bahia.
*learned more than what they teach you at school.
*became a brasilian
*became "uma mineira." (a person from my state, Minas Gerias.)
*became part of my family: a daughter, a sister, a cousin, a niece, a granddaughter.
*became happy and content in life.
*learned about myself and to love myself.


the more i think about it, the more i cant leave this place. look at all these memories. to you, these are just fun stories to hear and cool adventures to read. this doesnt really mean anything to you and why would they? theyre my memories, my adventures, my stories that i want to remember foreverr. this is my life. i have a life here, everything that i could want and more. i just wanna stay in this moment, being young and freee and have everything ahead of me. all the world before me, all the possibilities...