Monday, September 27, 2010

CHUVA !

last tueday, at around 8:47pm Ipatinga, Brasil experienced their first rainfalll in over 3months.


yes, this is blog-worthy


i was sitting in my rooom, trying to read a brasilian magazine that a friend from school gave me and i hear my brother yell from the kitchen:
CHUVA!


"what the heck is chuva?" then i hear it.


IT'S RAINING!! holy cow


i open my window &seee buckets of rain falling and i get so excited. i dont really know why? ha


it only lasted for about 6minutes but it was much needed rain, although we havent had any since. the smell was so fresh to my nose that it was almost foreign, like i havent seen/smelled rain before in my life. ha !


Now, it is offiaically spring, no more "winter"

like you would call their winter, 'winter' ha !


unfortunatley, what comes with spring and summer is ..
polylonges.
the dreaded mosquito.


Currently, i have 9bites on my left leg, 4bites on my right thigh, 3bites on my arm, and theres one circling me as i type this very post. i. hate. polylonges. so. much.


my parents have this sweet "racket-type-zapper" that kills them instantly which we usuually keep very close to us at night when they start to appear. and ooh, do they appear.


i came home one night and my father was like, "yeah me and your mother probably killed over 100 mosquitos while you were out."
my father doesnt lie.
i was only gone for a few hours.


you know in the movies, where they have to create the sound of a bug buzzing in your ear cause sometimes, you cant catch the sound. come in my room at night and just lay in silence, you will hear that buzzzzing noise and it will drive you to the brink of instanity.


it will start buzzing, and my eyes instantly open, then it stopss, almost like it knows that i can hear it now, like the polylonge can see my hand twitching, about to reach for the prized "racket-type-zapper"


what can you do?
embrace the bitess &let the chuva fall.