Tuesday, October 26, 2010

férias III

okay so i promise to finish up talking abot Cabo Frio today, Vanessa wants me to start talking about her ;D ahah te amo

quinta-feria(wednesday): my mother invited me to walk with her along the beach to the forte. This forte was used to protect the brasilerian people hundreds of years ago from any enemy that portugal didnt want there. the unique thing about the forte was that it was able to see both the harbor and the ocean. i could actually feel the history breathing in the walls. its one of the oldest fortes in brasil so when you enter, the walls are so thick everything is silent; the sea, the people, you have to whisper.

afterwards we hit the beach, getting more sunburn, more tanlines. :D (enivous yet?)
after lunchtime, my mother, grandmother and i traveled to the nearby city of buizos. its a big tourist town, many many hostels. (while we were at the beach, i heard alot of spanish, argentinaian people travel to brasil because of our beaches ofcourse. my momma&i were walking back and this man said something to me. i kinda understood what he said but i knew it wasnt portuguese. my mother said that he was hitting on me, "the most beauitful girl on the beach" i would have been more flattered if i wasnt the only girl under the age of 30. thankyou) hahah

buizos was beauitful. absolutley beauitful. i think i liked buizos more than cabo frio (undecided) i loved it because it was such a calm relaxing city. the waves just rolled onto shore, without making a sound, as if they wanted to go unnoticed. we walked throughout the many shops and almost every store, you would walk to the back and it would have a balconey leading to the sea.
you know when a place just clicks with you? when you feeel like you could spend days there, not for any reason whatsoever, just because, well that was buizos to me.

Quina-feria(Thursday):
more beach, more sun, more lounging around doing nothing.
i cant remember anything special about thursday, but i remember eating alot of icecream, which seems to be a pattern here. and i hung out with my cousin, Daniel :)
Daniel is..not shy..at all. we became really close, really quickly. he was like my baby brother. we talked alot about nothing, about everything. he thought it was hilarious how i would pronounce some brasilerian names and i thought it was hilarious on how he would pronounce some american names. i probably asked him to say all your names and ohmygosh, you would have laughed sooo hard! they make every name sound ..sound "delicious" it sounds sexy and romantic and ..ohh how i love portuguese.

sexta-feria(friday):
friday was the last day at the beach so we soaked in as much sun as possible.
afterwards, me and Daniel went on a boat ride! a little tour around Cabo Frio and the surrounding islands. Risss, remember when you were in Chile and thought that once you got out into the open water, it would be calm? yeah me tooo! until we got further out, and the waves just got more and more angry. the boat would hit a wave, tilt upwards, i would go flying everywhere, water would splash up. it was ridiculously funn.
the boat anchored by a nearby island and we were allowed to jump in the water and swimm for awhile. the color of the water!! ahhhh, a deeeep, beauitful, OCEAN blue. i would have beeen so excited for this opportunity except that the wind was slicing my checkbones and i wouldnt take offf my two jackets if someone paided me to. but ofcourse, Daniel jumped in, the only person.

Sabado(Saturday):
we rose REALLY early to travel back to Juiz de Fora so that we could catch our bus home later that night. the car ride was long and ofcourse i felt carsick (getting carsick is like me eating, it happens alot)
we had a gorgeous lunch with my mother's family. my uncles, my mother's brothers, have both been to the States, and we got to talking about food back home. They both said, and i have heard this often, that American food is spicy! Is it spicy? Or are we so used to it that we dont notice when we put lots of pepper and herds and seasonings. I havent heard of many people liking pepper here. Its salt. how unusual..

our vacation ended at 9 that night when we had to depart and catch our bus. i knew that when i would arrive in Ipatinga, at 5am, I would offically have 18years :D