Friday, August 13, 2010

finalmente

at exactly 11:43a.m this morning, I had my visa :D
and at exactly 12:17p.m this morning, I had my traveling date :D :D
wowowowowow, i cannot believe this!

my date: Friday, August 20
at Pittsburgh, I leave at 5pm, travel to DC where I have a red-eye to Sao Paulo, then from Sao Paulo I travel to my final destination at Belo Hortizonte at 1pm on Saturday where my wonderful host family will be waiting for me with "open and loving arms."

man, i thought for sure with all the Visa complications, Brasil would never let me in their country. With delayed paperwork, to lost fingerprints, now they just need to lose my luggage to top it all off. (don't worry, I just knocked on wood, just in case)

my emotions are all out of wack. I have everything from happy to relieved, excited, anxious, ridiculously content. Everything besides nervous.. I don't understand how I'm missing that one.

so now, when i get asked that imfamous question, "so ari, when are you leaving?" i can finally (FINALLY) give them an answer. "I'm leaving next Friday" :D