Monday, November 8, 2010

switching

yesterday, Nov7, i switched families.


this is a little early (ive only been here for 2 1/2 months and typically you switch after 4months) but many factors were considered for the switch. my second family, the Pires, have 2children. Amalia has 19 years, and Alessandro has 16years. Amalia studies in BH but will live at home for the hoildays, December-January. Alessandro is in the same class as me but will also go to BH to study after he finishes this year. so if i would stay in the Santos family for the correct amount of time, until December, than being in this family, I wouldnt get to spend alot of time with my siblings :) plus, after the third family, i can go back to the Santos for the remaining two months if i want. ooh i want to. it all makes sense but leaving was not easy.


the morning of the big move was rainy and just a crappy day, which contributed to my mood. i felt sad and tired and anxious and lazy. had little to no motativation to switch. i literally packed my life into 3suitcases within an hour time frame. it was a messss.
i just wanted this whole process to be like taking off a bandage, fast and painlessss. but i knew deeep down, i would cry when i had to say goodbye.
and guess what? i did cry


not because i didnt want to move into this family because i know i already love this family. but because i love the Santos family THAT much.


they have been with me since April when they first emailed me giving me details about Ipatinga, helping me through the frustrating process of the Visa (just thinking of that dang Visa makes me hate the postoffice even more, STILL) they were the first people i met in Brasil, holding up the SEJA BEM VINDA sign and hugging &kissing me when i was in arms reach. i know their whole extended family, cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles. its like they are my family too. they held me when i cried and kissed away the nonsense of my worries. they listened to my worthless portuguese and taught me SO MUCH. we laughed over everything and had many conversations, in english and portuguese, about everything. they took me places that could only be described in pictures because words fail. they gave me more love than i could imagine possible, considering i was never actually their daughter. but now, i am their daughter and they are my family.

so i would like to thankyou, Rógerio, Flávia Laura, and Vítor, pai, mãe, iramã, iramoã. Muito Obrigada . know that i could never repay you for everything you have done.